The Pirate Log

The Student News Site of Poteau High School

The Pirate Log

The Pirate Log

Hit and Steal!
Hit and Steal!
April 1, 2024

Pre-Season Look With The PHS Golf Team

Along with the numerous activities starting up at PHS, the Golf season is about to begin. The golf team has been practicing ever since January and has been putting in numerous hours of work. Coach Jarrett Lowrimore knows the commitment all this practice takes. “All of these guys have spent countless hours on the driving range, putting green, and out of the course playing, preparing themselves for the upcoming season.” “The thing I enjoy the most is just getting to be around my teammates,” senior Nate Jordan tells about what he enjoys the most about golf practice. This year the team has set many goals for this season, and Coach Lowrimore has high expectations for everyone this season. “So our goals, we want to place in every tournament we play in, and we want to do a better job with the expectations we have for ourselves.” Even freshman Mattox Painter has set many goals for himself being his first year on the high school team. “One of my goals is to shoot under 80 consistently and I want to make varsity as a freshman.” This team is determined in many ways and Coach Lowrimore has helped to push themselves to be the greatest that they can be. “Coach Lowrimore is one of those coaches that is hard to come by. You can tell he takes pride in his job and will do everything he can to help us be successful,” Nate Jordan describes how Coach Lowrimore puts in lots of effort towards the golf team and how passionate he is for the sport and his golfers. We want to wish the best of luck to the golf team and we hope they have an amazing season! Go Pirates!