The Pirate Log

The Student News Site of Poteau High School

The Pirate Log

The Pirate Log

Hit and Steal!
Hit and Steal!
April 1, 2024

Going on Strong!

The following is a report on the current state of the basketball teams at Leflore County. Both teams are midway through their season and are showing great progress. The recent Leflore County Tournament saw both teams pushing their limits and trying to achieve their goals. Last year, the girls’ team placed 6th in the tournament, but they managed to clinch 3rd place this year. Senior Savanna Bryan expressed her pride in the team and their accomplishments. However, she also expressed disappointment that it was her senior year and the season was already halfway over. “It’s upsetting that it’s my senior year and the season is halfway through, but I’m super proud of what we accomplished. We pushed ourselves every day to become the best we can be.”

Meanwhile, senior Kallen Ramirez expressed regret. “I felt like we had a good chance to win, however, I was disappointed in how we ended the tournament. We are preparing for state coming up soon.” Both coaches are working hard to prepare the teams for the upcoming state championship. Currently, the girls’ team has either 9 or 10 wins and 9 or 10 losses, while the boys’ team has 8 wins and 8 losses. The season is far from over, so let’s continue to support and cheer on our Pirates to victory!